Roslea surgery has been part of the community in Bamber Bridge for a long time. The land on which the surgery is built was bought in 1914 by Dr Leeper. It was Dr Leeper who named the surgery Roslea after an island off the coast of Ireland.
Our older patients may remember some of the previous partners, Dr Simpson, Dr Donald and Dr Brown. Dr Scott retired in 1993 and Dr Cottier in 1996. Dr Ball joined the practice in 1977, Dr Brearley in 1979, Dr Moore in 1995, Dr Ashton in 1996 and Dr King in 1999.
Dr Smith joined the practice in March 2000 following the tragic death of Dr Inglis who had been with us for 22 years. Dr Nally, who joined the practice in January 2007, replaced Dr Ashton who had been with us for 12 years. Dr Sattelle joined the practice in July 2008, Dr Brearley retired in March 2009 after 30 years, Dr Atherton joined the practice in May 2009 and Dr Smith left in May 2009 after nine years, Dr Sattelle left in December 2009, Dr Ball retired in June 2010 after 33 years and Dr Cheung joined the practice in August 2010.
We still practise in the premises built by Dr Leeper. We feel we have a firm foundation in the community and provide the qualities of a traditional family practice. We have, however, never been slow to take up ideas and to offer new services in pursuit of a continuing policy of providing excellent care for all our patients.